A material digital twin has two perspectives - an internal optimization perspective and external optimization perspective:
- Internal optimization:
- Quality (predict and detect quality trend defects à when and how much defects are created),
- Productivity (with defining the bottlenecks using such tools as OEE, than productivity is increased),
- Cost effectiveness (with higher productivity and better quality cost-effectiveness is increased.
- External optimization:
- Purchase (enabling companies to purchase the by-products of other companies for input materials),
- Sales (enabling companies to sell by-products).